Have You Been Injured In An Uber, Lyft, Juno Or Other Ride-Hailing Accident?
New York is known for its yellow taxicabs. Over the past few years, however, app-based ride-hailing companies have increased in popularity and use. As a result, the number of Uber and Lyft drivers has multiplied substantially and there have been more car accidents as a result.
If you or someone you care about has been injured while riding with an Uber or Lyft driver or has been struck by such a vehicle, then you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering and loss of income.
It can be an emotional and overwhelming experience after an accident occurs. The compassionate injury attorneys at Kelner & Kelner Esqs have experience and a track record of helping New Yorkers get the maximum compensation they deserve. Over the past 75 years, we have helped our clients collect over $1 billion for their injuries. Our firm’s results are second to none.
Common Causes Of Uber And Lyft Accidents
Like most car accidents, many things cause ride-hailing accidents, including:
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Texting or talking while driving
- Use of the ride-hailing app while driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driver fatigue
- Failure to signal or yield the right of way
- Improper turns
- Inexperienced drivers
If you have endured a significant injury, then regardless of the cause of the accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
New York Recently Required Uber, Lyft And Other App-Based Ride-Hailing Companies To Increase Insurance Coverage
In 2018, New York state passed a new insurance requirement for ride-hailing companies to increase their insurance amounts.
- $1 million minimum for when a rider is in the vehicle
- This coverage amount is for all customer trips, which begin from the moment the driver accepts the trip on the app and end when the customer is dropped off at the destination.
- Minimum of $50,000 per person and $100,000 per occurrence when the driver is logged into the app’s digital network and receiving transportation requests for pick-ups
Uber provides additional coverage above these minimum requirements of $75,000 per person and $150,000 per occurrence when the driver is logged into the app network, but hasn’t accepted a customer trip yet. Uber’s coverage is $1.25 million for drivers once they accept a trip on the app to the time the passenger is dropped off).
Kelner & Kelner Esqs Is Committed To Providing Aggressive And Compassionate Representation For Our Clients
For over 75 years, our law firm has been tirelessly advocating for injury victims in auto accidents. Our experienced trial attorneys have helped shaped New York’s injury laws and are known for some of the largest recoveries in New York state.
· $23 million verdict — motorcycle accident
· $12.5 million verdict — bus accident
· $9 million settlement — auto accident
· $8.5 million settlement — auto accident
Get help and expert advice from our highly respected attorneys
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, we can help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today by calling (212) 235-1027 or sending an email to get a free, confidential consultation.